After what feels like an eternity, we finally closed on our homestead on Monday!!! It was delayed because of the COVID19 virus pushing everything back and around, but it is finally ours!
We are so excited about where this journey on our new homestead will take us!
Here are our goals for the first 6 months:
- Have a fence built around the house to keep our bad mutts from escaping
- Fix up the stalls in the barn to be workable for two horses (they don’t have to be pretty…yet)
- Fence the upper paddocks around the barn with electric tape or polywire
- Create a rain-water collection system to provide water to the horses at the barn and the raised garden beds
- Grow something in the raised garden beds!
- Raise two groups of 30 broiler chickens in moveable chicken tractors